Our Careers Center includes full- and part-time positions, AmeriCorps*VISTA placements, consulting and other opportunities at the Federation and at Federation-member CDCUs nationwide.
Career Opportunities at the Federation
The Federation is seeking an organized, highly-motivated individual to join our team as Program Assistant to support, monitor and document innovative initiatives that further financial empowerment and expand access to safe and affordable financial products for low-income Americans. (Click below for full job description).
The Federation is a dynamic, growth-oriented community development financial institution specializing in bringing financial services to low-income communities through nonprofit, member-owned community development credit unions (CDCUs). Based in New York City, the Federation provides financial, technical, and educational services to credit unions serving low-income and economically disenfranchised communities. We represent community development credit unions (CDCUs) that provide safe and responsible financial services to more than 2.5 million residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the United States. Member credit unions hold over $20 billion in community-controlled assets with $12 billion in loans outstanding. Since 1974, the Federation has been promoting financial inclusion by organizing, supporting, and investing in CDCUs.
The Federation seeks a Program Assistant to support, monitor and document innovative initiatives that further financial empowerment and expand access to safe and affordable financial products for low-income Americans. The Program Assistant will support multiple national initiatives to deliverand track affordable financial products as well as financial and housing counseling to vulnerable target populations such as low wage earners, the aging, as well as disabled and immigrant communities. The Program Assistant’s responsibilities will include supporting day-to-day program needs including: coordinating meetings, conference calls and webinars; collecting data and materials from participating credit unions; and maintaining relationships with credit unions and our partner organizations.
- Support program activities and relationships with participating CDCUs on key initiatives, including but not limited to marketing and outreach; partner relationships; development of educational and training materials;and coordinating meeting logistics.
- Support the design and implementation of program oversight and evaluation; soliciting and receiving partner data reports, ensuring organized recordkeeping and accountability; providing preliminary analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to program evaluation reports, background research, as well as articles and web copy for a range of audiences.
- Support staff in identifying and integrating best practices and lessons learned to be shared with the regional networks and internal program team.
- Organize and support educational training programs including: webinars, conferences, roundtables and presentations for low-income credit unions; supporting appropriate staff in the development of content,; developing and updating schedule of training events and updating the website to reflect training and course offerings; Identifies new opportunities for program engagement in collaboration with program team.
- Maintain program files within management database and ensures data integrity including, but not limited to budget entry, partner report entries, and payment schedules.
- Support fundraising and funder reporting work including, but not limited to, supporting proposal writing teams, collecting relevant data, ensuring accuracy of information, and reporting to donors.
Experience: B.A. Required. Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience. Previous experience with financial institutions or in any of the aforementioned programmatic areas a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented;
- Interest or background in research or program evaluation preferable;
- Ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse array of professional and community groups;
- Ability to effectively represent the institution;
- Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently;
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with people of different ethnic and economic backgrounds
- Ability to track and participate in multiple projects in varying stages of development;
- Commitment to the Federation’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database applications, presentation software
Please send resume and cover letter no later than September 30th to:
Career Opportunities at Federation Member Credit Unions
Director of Lending
Located in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago, IL, the North Side Community Federal Credit Union is a $9.5 million credit union, 40 year old community development credit union. The credit union has a long history of serving unbanked and underbanked populations in the city. North Side is certified as a community development financial institution and holds a low-income service designation from the NCUA. The credit union has a niche in serving these clients through financial literacy and budgeting assistance in addition to low cost savings and checking accounts. North Side has received extensive recognition for its innovative loan products, and has a robust consumer loan portfolio and a growing small business microloan portfolio.
The Director of Lending will be responsible for the structure, growth and soundness of the credit union’s loan portfolio with a particular focus on small business lending. The Director will oversee the portfolio through review and recommendations regarding loan and credit policies, underwriting standards and collections processes. This person will be responsible for loan origination, quality control, underwriting, loan closing, processing, servicing and reporting.
• Assists in marketing loan products and originating small business loans.
• Develops and strengthens the credit union’s local networks with Chambers of Commerce, small businesses, and community stakeholders.
• Makes recommendations on complex credits.
• Serves as staff liaison on the loan and credit committees; makes recommendations and implements changes to improve portfolio growth and/or quality, including changes in credit union policies and procedures.
• Reviews new regulations related to lending and makes recommendations to senior management as appropriate.
• Recommends product upgrades, maintains awareness of which products are under-performing and assists with development or introduction of new products as applicable.
• Acts as member point of contact for small business loans, and works with member through entire loan process from gathering documentation to loan closing. Works with members in event of delinquency and makes arrangements for troubled debt restructuring or charge off and collections when necessary.
• Makes recommendations and changes to reduce credit union’s delinquency and charge off rates.
• Ensures asset quality of overall portfolio is maintained.
• Prepares quarterly portfolio review reports for Loan Committee and Board of Directors; develops analysis and provides recommendations for adjustments to the Loan Loss Reserve account.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or business is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of two years of underwriting experience with small business loans.
• Minimum of two years of management experience.
• Previous experience in community development or work with low-income communities strongly preferred.
• Strong presentation skills and written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated success in building and maintaining customer relationships.
• In depth knowledge of loan structuring, underwriting, regulations, and credit resolutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within teams as well as independently.
Please send resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to email@example.com or fax to: 773-769-6800.
Posting of positions is free for all Federation members. Submit a new position!
To modify or remove a position please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org