Our Careers Center includes full- and part-time positions, AmeriCorps*VISTA placements, consulting and other opportunities at the Federation and at Federation-member CDCUs nationwide.
Career Opportunities at the Federation
The Federation is seeking an organized, highly-motivated individual to join our team as Program Assistant to support, monitor and document innovative initiatives that further financial empowerment and expand access to safe and affordable financial products for low-income Americans. (Click below for full job description).
The Federation is a dynamic, growth-oriented community development financial institution specializing in bringing financial services to low-income communities through nonprofit, member-owned community development credit unions (CDCUs). Based in New York City, the Federation provides financial, technical, and educational services to credit unions serving low-income and economically disenfranchised communities. We represent community development credit unions (CDCUs) that provide safe and responsible financial services to more than 2.5 million residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the United States. Member credit unions hold over $20 billion in community-controlled assets with $12 billion in loans outstanding. Since 1974, the Federation has been promoting financial inclusion by organizing, supporting, and investing in CDCUs.
The Federation seeks a Program Assistant to support, monitor and document innovative initiatives that further financial empowerment and expand access to safe and affordable financial products for low-income Americans. The Program Assistant will support multiple national initiatives to deliverand track affordable financial products as well as financial and housing counseling to vulnerable target populations such as low wage earners, the aging, as well as disabled and immigrant communities. The Program Assistant’s responsibilities will include supporting day-to-day program needs including: coordinating meetings, conference calls and webinars; collecting data and materials from participating credit unions; and maintaining relationships with credit unions and our partner organizations.
- Support program activities and relationships with participating CDCUs on key initiatives, including but not limited to marketing and outreach; partner relationships; development of educational and training materials;and coordinating meeting logistics.
- Support the design and implementation of program oversight and evaluation; soliciting and receiving partner data reports, ensuring organized recordkeeping and accountability; providing preliminary analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to program evaluation reports, background research, as well as articles and web copy for a range of audiences.
- Support staff in identifying and integrating best practices and lessons learned to be shared with the regional networks and internal program team.
- Organize and support educational training programs including: webinars, conferences, roundtables and presentations for low-income credit unions; supporting appropriate staff in the development of content,; developing and updating schedule of training events and updating the website to reflect training and course offerings; Identifies new opportunities for program engagement in collaboration with program team.
- Maintain program files within management database and ensures data integrity including, but not limited to budget entry, partner report entries, and payment schedules.
- Support fundraising and funder reporting work including, but not limited to, supporting proposal writing teams, collecting relevant data, ensuring accuracy of information, and reporting to donors.
Experience: B.A. Required. Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience. Previous experience with financial institutions or in any of the aforementioned programmatic areas a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented;
- Interest or background in research or program evaluation preferable;
- Ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse array of professional and community groups;
- Ability to effectively represent the institution;
- Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently;
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with people of different ethnic and economic backgrounds
- Ability to track and participate in multiple projects in varying stages of development;
- Commitment to the Federation’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database applications, presentation software
Please send resume and cover letter no later thanSeptember 26th to:
Career Opportunities at Federation Member Credit Unions
Posting of positions is free for all Federation members. Submit a new position!
To modify or remove a position please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org