Our Careers Center includes full- and part-time positions, AmeriCorps*VISTA placements, consulting and other opportunities at the Federation and at Federation-member CDCUs nationwide.
Career Opportunities at the Federation
The Federation is continually recruiting credit unions committed to financial inclusion to join our growing network of CDCUs. As we grow, we continue to expand our provision of technical assistance and consulting services that build credit unions’ capacity to serve low-income communities. The Federation is seeking an organized, highly-motivated individual to join our team as Program Assistant to support these efforts. (Click below for full job description).
The National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (the Federation) is a dynamic organization committed to promoting financial independence for low- and moderate-income people and communities. We represent 250 community development credit unions (CDCUs) that provide safe and responsible financial services to more than 2.5 million residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the United States. Member credit unions hold over $19 billion in community-controlled assets with $12 billion in loans outstanding. Since 1974, the Federation has been promoting financial inclusion by organizing, supporting, and investing in CDCUs.
The Federation is continually recruiting credit unions committed to financial inclusion to join our growing network of CDCUs. As we grow, we continue to expand our provision of technical assistance and consulting services that build credit unions’ capacity to serve low-income communities. The Federation is seeking an organized, highly-motivated individual to join our team as Program Assistant to support these efforts.
The Program Assistant will be based in either the Federation’s New York City or Madison, Wisconsin office. This position will report to the Madison-based Director of Membership and work closely with the New York-based Federation Program team. The Program Assistant’s responsibilities will focus on two areas: coordinating the delivery of technical assistance and consulting services and supporting the Director of Membership with credit union recruitment and engagement efforts. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about building relationships with staff at our member credit unions, able to coordinate several projects simultaneously, and comfortable working both independently and in a team.
- Lead coordination of the Federation’s consulting service business, including business development efforts, following up on leads, issuing contracts, ensuring smooth delivery of services, and evaluating the quality of consulting engagements
- Provide ongoing credit union member relationship management support to Director of Membership
- Serve as a liaison between Director of Membership, credit union staff, and Federation consultant team, and the Federation New York City office
- Coordinate new member orientation and technical assistance webinars, regional meetings, and conference presentations including assisting with webinar administration, room logistics, and RSVPs
- Assist with developing content Federation marketing efforts such as promotional materials, e-blasts, website updates, and in social media
- Represent the Federation as required at public events (e.g. conferences, credit union industry events) to identify and actively recruit candidates for Federation membership
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented. Able to manage of several projects simultaneously and ensure that no communications fall through the cracks.
- Strong relationship-building skills and commitment to high-quality customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including business correspondence, press releases, and informational e-blasts. Marketing or customer relationship management experience a plus.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse Board of Directors, Staff and credit union membership.
- Commitment to the Federation’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence.
- Knowledge of the credit union, banking, and/or community development industries highly valued.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Salesforce, Constant Contact, and/or WordPress a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years relevant experience are required.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of The Federation to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by March 4, 2014 to:
Career Opportunities at Federation Member Credit Unions
Posting of positions is free for all Federation members. Submit a new position!
To modify or remove a position please contact Oulga Caesar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Programs Manager at Santa Cruz Community Ventures - Posted February 11, 2014
Position title: Community Programs Manager
Santa Cruz Community Credit Union is looking for a dynamic Community Programs Manager to oversee the
day to day programs and grants for Santa Cruz Community Ventures (SCCV) –a 501 (c) (3) affiliate of Santa Cruz
Community Credit Union. The successful candidate will manage current programs, help maintain a robust fund
development plan, and ensure financial education workshop obligations and needs with community partners
are met or exceeded, through a pool of qualified program facilitators/trainers. The Community Programs
Manager will also help manage grant writing, grant requirements and grant reporting for both SCCV and
SCCCU and help oversee SCCV’s budget management. Candidate may supervise one or more staff including a
program assistant, interns and volunteers.
Santa Cruz Community Ventures has a vision to ensure all people have equal access to economic opportunity
and the resources to make effective financial decisions to improve their lives and the lives of their families.
SCCV has key relationship ties throughout Santa Cruz County which have at the heart of each relationship, the
delivery of life‐changing financial education and financial assistance. SCCV manages and is affiliated with five
- VITA‐‐ a free tax preparation service for low income individuals and families
- IDA‐Individual Development Accounts in partnership with Santa Cruz Community Credit Union allows low‐income individuals to save for a special purpose—formal education, first home, business, etc. and receive matched savings through a grant fund.
- Financial Education—team of program facilitators present workshops throughout the county on a variety of topics and with a variety of audiences.
- ChildCare Ventures – a cooperative team of child care and child education professionals who provide “expert” services to child care providers throughout the county in order to raise the bar to support our community’s children.
- Specialty Loan Partnership Programs including DACA and ChildCare Ventures.
- 2 or more years of similar or related community outreach experience with a non‐profit
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as excellent public presentation skills
- Strong fundraising and fund development experience
- QuickBooks expertise
- Grant writing and reporting
- Current best practice knowledge of non‐profit programs and program management
- Knowledge of Santa Cruz County non‐profits, government entities and community partners, and excellent connections throughout the County
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to act as liaison between SCCV, SCCCU and the local community
- Bilingual/Spanish required
We offer an excellent benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience and there are opportunities
to promote within both SCCV and Santa Cruz Community Credit Union. For immediate consideration, send
resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com.