Welcome to Southwest 66 Credit Union of Odessa, TX
Welcome to our newest member, Southwest 66 Credit Union of Odessa, TX, and congratulations on receiving an Honorable Mention for Credit Union of the Year Award for credit unions with assets of less than $250 million. Read more about the history of Southwest 66 Credit Union below and visit their website at www.southwest66.com.
In 1949, Odessa 66 Federal Credit Union was organized to serve the primary financial and transactional needs of the Permian Basin employees of Phillips Petroleum Company. During 1964, the Board of Directors elected to convert to a Texas State Charter. By converting to a State Chartered Credit Union, the entire employee base of Phillips Petroleum company, which is located in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, was eligible to join our Credit Union. Odessa 66 Credit Union underwent a name change in 1997 and now operates under the name of Southwest 66 Credit Union. Over the past several years, the Southwest 66 field of membership has expanded to include a community charter of Ector and Midland counties. Southwest 66 Credit Union now has over 11,000 members and assets of $73 million.
Southwest 66 Credit Union is founded on the principle of people helping people. Through cooperative effort and unhampered by “profit motives,” full family memberships provide a wide range of economical financial services. Because Southwest 66 Credit Union is directly owned and controlled by its members, those members directly benefit from its success through lower costs and enhanced services. And because every member has an equal vote at the annual meeting, regardless of the size of their account, Southwest 66 Credit Union is responsive to the needs of all members.