Where: Wilson Major Morris Community Center | 459 West 152nd Street | New York, NY 10031
When: Saturday, February 6th from 9:30 am-12:30 pm
We’re Back! We invite all credit unions in the greater New York area to attend this important meeting. In addition to the training offered, you’ll have an opportunity to learn about the new services available for small credit unions. We have also incorporated a networking component into the meeting. We value your perspective and would appreciate your attendance and participation. Please see the draft agenda for the meeting below.
- Small Credit Union Potential- How to grow and thrive in 2016!
- Bank Secrecy Act: Overview of training that will help CUs
- Recognize the underlying purpose and key terms of the BSA
- Verify the identity of customers as required by Customer Identification Program (CIP) requirements
- Identify reportable currency transactions
- Recognize information needed to properly complete a Currency Transaction Report (CTR)
- Identify wire-transfer reporting requirements.
- Identify some common money laundering schemes.
- Spot suspicious transactions and take appropriate action
- Are you up to date with…
- What are the Audits/Operational Procedures that each CU should have completed by the end of the year and what to do if you need help
- CU Spark: Back Office Support for Small CUs- Learn about our new partnership to provide affordable back office core support for small CUs
- Peer-to-Peer Networking- Presentations by WE CARE Member CUs
• Joy Cousminer, WE CARE Network founder and CDCU Consultant
• Nachi Abood, Federation Technical Assistance Specialist
• Eben Schaeffer, Federation CFO
• Gerry Goldenbroit- Queens Cluster FCU/Small Business Lending Consultant
There is no cost to attend this meeting and we encourage all small credit unions (Federation members and non-members) to come and participate in the training and discussion. Please share this email with other credit unions you feel would benefit from attending this meeting. We encourage attendance of both the staff and board/committee members. Breakfast refreshments will be served.
Please RSVP to Pam Owens at email@example.com or (212) 809-1850, ext 215 to confirm your attendance by Thursday, February 4th!
Contact Pamela Owens with any questions about this meeting.