Financial Inclusion for Immigrant Consumers:
Tampa Bay Roundtable
Of the 10 million unbanked households in the US, nearly 20 percent are foreign-born, non-citizen households. Credit unions face a historic opportunity to bring these immigrant workers and their families into the financial mainstream.The National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (Federation) and Suncoast Credit Union invite you to attend the Financial Inclusion for Immigrant Consumers Roundtable in Tampa Bay, FL, part of a national campaign to link unbanked and underbanked immigrants in the US with credit union products and services for immigration and legalization efforts. Join industry experts and leading policy makers for our convening on immigration reform’s impact on credit unions.
Our agenda includes speakers from credit unions successfully serving immigrants to representatives of city immigration services and financial products and services designed specifically for immigrants and the undocumented.
1:00 PM Welcoming remarks: Suncoast and Federation
1:15 PM Governmental policies and responses to promote inclusion for immigrants
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- City of Tampa representative
- Mexican Consulate representative
2:15 PM Credit union experience from the field
- Sherod Halliburton, CEO – Manatee Community FCU
- Jason Chang, Program Associate – National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions
3:00 PM Leveraging partnerships: how credit unions and immigrant-serving nonprofits can structure collaboration to integrate the each other’s core competencies
- Mark Dufva, Executive Director – Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg
- Lindsay Daniels, Manager, Wealth-Building Initiative – NCLR
- Molly Auld, Board Chair – Project Prosper
- Ignacio Esteban, CEO – Florida Community Loan Fund
Wrap up: Cathie Mahon/Pablo DeFilippi
There is no cost to attend this event, but seating is limited.
For more information about this roundtable, please contact Jason Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org.