The CDFI Fund has opened the 2016 competition for $175 million in Financial Assistance, Technical Assistance and Healthy Food Financing grants. This year the CDFI Fund has introduced a new application process and made other changes that will have an impact on all credit union applicants.
On March 11th the Federation will hold a webinar to explain the latest changes and help your credit union to develop the most competitive application possible. This presentation is free to Federation members only. There is a fee of $199 for non-members of the Federation who wish to attend this webinar.
Please keep in mind the following important dates:
- March 11, 2016 at 1 pm ET – Federation webinar for Credit Union CDFI Applicants
- March 18, 2016 – Deadline to submit mandatory SF-424 through Grants.Gov
- March 23, 2016 at 2 pm ET: CDFI Fund webinar for Credit Union CDFI applicants
- April 15, 2016 at 5 pm ET: Last day the CDFI Fund will answer questions about the application
- April 18, 2016: Deadline for submitting FA/TA applications through AMIS
- September 23-30, 2016: Expected date range for award announcement
Offered by the US Treasury’s CDFI Fund, CDFI certification is a fundamental building block for credit unions serving predominantly low-income consumers and financially underserved communities. CDFI certification is a valuable credential that helps credit unions increase their capacity to meet the needs of members with modest means and develop strategic partnerships to better reach out to and connect with low-wealth consumers. CDFI-certified credit unions are eligible to compete for Financial Assistance grants of up to $2 million and Healthy Food Financing grants of up to $5 million.
If you have questions about CDFI certification or the CDFI grant application process, please contact Jules Epstein-Hebert at email@example.com.