Live Webcast of Financial Well-Being Summit
Join us Tuesday, December 8, for a live webcast to mark the release of the new book, What It’s Worth: Strengthening the Financial Future of Families, Communities and the Nation. Cathie Mahon, Federation President and CEO, is a featured author and will be speaking at the Creating a Financially Healthy America webcast session starting at 2:45 pm ET on December 8.
Hear from thought leaders, policymakers and employers on the innovations happening across sectors to break down the barriers that keep too many families from financial success.
What It’s Worth is a project of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, CFED and the Citi Foundation. Funding for this project was generously provided to CFED by the Citi Foundation.
10:00 – 11:00 am – Setting the Stage: Financial Well-Being for Families, Communities and the Nation
- Eric Belsky, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and Ray Boshara, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Andrea Levere, CFED
- Jennifer Tescher, Center for Financial Services Innovation
- David Erickson, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (moderator)
11:00 am – 12:30 pm – Health and Housing: Multi-Sector Partnerships for Financial Well-Being
- Camille Busette, CGAP
- Rick Lazio, Jones Walker, LLP
- Steven Woolf, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ida Rademacher, The Aspen Institute (moderator)
1:00 pm -2:30 pm – Bringing What It’s Worth to Life: Stories from the Field
- Janie Barrera, LiftFund
- Seung Kim, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Vivian Nixon, College and Community Fellowship
- Angela Diaz, College and Community Fellowship
- Nicole Richards, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Maria Magdalena Williams, LiftFund
- Brandee McHale, Citi Foundation (moderator)
2:30-2:45 pm Break
2:45 pm – 4:30 pm – Creating a Financially Healthy America
- Raj Date, Fenway Summer
- Annie Donovan, CDFI Fund
- Cathie Mahon, National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions
- José Quiñonez, Mission Asset Fund
- Ellen Seidman, Urban Institute (moderator)
4:30 – 5:00 pm – What It’s Worth: Next Steps for Families, Communities and the Nation
- Andrea Levere, CFED
In addition to these panel discussions, we’ll also feature a series of What It’s Worth vignettes–reflections on the significance of the book–from noted speakers, including: Dedrick Asante-Muhammad, Ted Beck, Jared Bernstein, Laura Choi, Bob Friedman, Lisa Hasegawa, Rita Landgraf and Michael Sherraden.