On this page:
2012-13 Board of Directors Nominations Deadlines
Nominations for Region 1, 2, 3 and in the At-Large category are now closed.
We are still accepting nominations for Region 4 until Friday, May 25. Region 4 Nomination Forms are available by clicking on the link below.
Region 1 – (North East). Region 1 Directors may be nominated from the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virgin Islands, and Washington D.C. – One (1) Regional Director position is up for election (three year-term).
Region 2 – (South East). Region 2 Directors may be nominated from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia – One (1) Regional Director position is up for election (three year-term).
Region 3 – (Mid-West). Region 3 Directors may be nominated from the following states: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin – One (1) Regional Director position is up for election (three year-term).
Region 4 – (West). Region 4 Directors may be nominated from the following states: Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming – One (1) Regional Director position is up for election (three year-term).
At-Large – (National). At-Large Directors may be nominated from any region – One (1) At-Large Director position is up for election (three year-term).
1. Directors serve three-year terms and cannot serve more than three consecutive three-year terms.
2. Board members provide governance, financial oversight, and to work with the President/CEO and other board members to develop and set the organization’s mission, strategic plans and long-range objectives.
3. Board Members are required to serve on at least one Board Committee each year.
4. All directors attend at least three Board Meetings annually.
5. Regional Directors serve as our member CDCUs’ regional contacts.
Specific Board Duties and Responsibilities are available by clicking here.
A Committee list with descriptions of each of our Board committees is available by clicking here.
A Calendar of Board Events for the coming year is available by clicking here.
Nominee Requirements & Documents
All Board of Directors nominees must be elected or appointed officials or employees of a Federation Policy Member CDCU in good standing.
To be considered in good standing, membership dues must be up-to-date and any interest payments to the Federation’s Community Development Investment (Capitalization) Program must also be current.
You may nominate yourself, someone else from your CDCU, or someone from another CDCU in your region, to any one (1) of the available board positions.
Regardless if the nominee is an incumbent Board Member or a new nominee, every nomination must include:
1. Completed Region 4 Nomination Form is available by clicking here.
2. A completed Nomination Questionnaire is available by clicking here.
3. A brief bio and résumé for each nominee.
4. A letter from the nominee’s credit union Board of Directors authorizing the nominee to run for a seat on the Federation’s Board of Directors.
Important: Please note that any information you submit may be sent to our member CDCUs in the region you are running for election, so please keep that in mind when putting these materials together.
Additional questions about the nomination or election process, or for information about requirements for serving on the Federation’s Board, contact Rafael O. Morales at (800) 437-8711 x206, or firstname.lastname@example.org.