You may qualify for CDFI Certification!
As a credit union that serves predominantly low-income and underserved individuals and communities, you may already meet four of the six criteria needed for CDFI certification:
- your credit union is a regulated financial insitution
- your credit union membership is drawn from predominantly low-income and underserved communities and populations
- your credit union is directly accountable to members
- you are not a governmental entity
Your credit union could be eligible for CDFI Certification if:
- The primary mission of your credit union is to promote community development.
- Your credit union offers services to help members to better manage their financial lives.
Benefits of CDFI Certification
How do we apply for CDFI Certification?