Leadership, Operations and Business Development Workshop Series in Chicago, IL
Reserve your place now to attend Part 2: Operations Management
January 18, 2018
Register today for a four- part workshop series that will focus on the leadership, management and business development skills small credit unions need for growth and sustainability. This series is presented by the Faith Based Credit Union Alliance of Chicago (FBCUA), the National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (Federation) and the Illinois CU League (ICUL) for smaller asset size credit unions.
Part 1: Leadership Development, Thursday, November 30, 2017| 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Pilgrim Baptist CU, 3300 S. Indiana Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616
Part 2: Operations Management, Thursday, January 18, 2018| 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Israel Methcomm FCU, 7606 Cottage Grove, Chicago, IL 60619
Part 3: Business Development, Thursday, February 15, 2018| 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Park Manor Christian Church CU, 600 E. 73rd Street, Chicago, IL 60619
Part 4: Succession Planning, Thursday, March 15, 2018 | 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Shiloh Englewood FCU, 7058 S. Racine Avenue, Chicago, IL 60636
This series is ideal for participants that are interested in strengthening their credit union, expanding their management skills and planning for the future.
Part 1: Leadership Development – This workshop is beneficial for credit union professionals (current and aspiring) looking to build and grow their management skills.
- Learn the difference between being a leader and a manager
- Develop leadership skills that make a difference
- Explore your leadership style
- Learn effective communication techniques
Part 2: Operations Management – This workshop focuses on the skills and knowledge set necessary for the successful management of your credit union.
- Manager’s role in the day to day activities of the credit union operations
- Accounting functions- Let’s start with the basics
- Compliance- What you need to know
- Internal controls- Shared responsibility
- Member Service- Most effective tool for your CU
Part 3: Business Development – This workshop focuses on building and expanding your credit union services.
- Are we selling or educating our members?
- Basic sales skill to deliver results
- Community outreach, creating and maintaining visibility and awareness for the credit union
- How to identify if you have the skill set to be successful at business development
Part 4: Succession Planning – This workshop will look at developing a succession plan and guiding roadmap for both the management and board of the credit union.
- What is succession planning? Why is it important?
- Relationship between Succession Planning and Strategic Planning
- Finding Success in Succession Planning: 5 Step Process
Registration is now open for Part 2. Please click on Event Registration to confirm your attendance. There is no cost to attend the workshop series, but space is limited. Register today!
Light refreshments will be served at each workshop gathering.
We will give a certificate for credit unions that complete the entire four-part series. We encourage staff, board and other committee members from a credit union to register for the workshops. There is no charge to attend these workshops but space is limited. Register Now!
Please contact Dr. Joronda Crawford of Israel Methcomm FCU at email@example.com or 1-773-450-1532 with any additional questions.