On Thursday, June 16th at 3 PM ET, Cities for Citizenship (C4C) and the National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (Federation) are co-hosting the webinar,
Building Pathways to Citizenship and Financial Empowerment
through Credit Unions
This webinar will discuss:
- the Federation’s innovative accreditation program, Juntos Avanzamos (Together We Advance)
- how credit unions and cities can build partnerships on the ground to enhance financial empowerment services and naturalization efforts
- ways in which C4C cities and partners have integrated financial empowerment services
- Eileen Auld, Director for the New York Tri State Market, Citi Community Development
- Pablo DeFilippi, Vice President of Membership and Business Development, Federation
- Gustavo Torres, Executive Director, CASA de Maryland
- Erendira Rendon, Director of National Partnerships, The Resurrection Project (TRP)
About the Federation
The National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions is a certified CDFI intermediary representing community development credit unions (CDCUs). The Federation’s member CDCUs provide credit, savings, transaction services and financial education to more than 5 million residents of low-income urban, rural and reservation-based communities across the US, and hold over $45 billion in community-controlled assets. Founded in 1974, the Federation is headquartered in Lower Manhattan with offices in Madison, WI. The Federation offers a wide range of advocacy, educational, training, investment, marketing, and outreach programs to support and assist CDCUs. For more information about the Federation and its programs, visit www.cdcu.coop.
About Cities for Citizenship
Cities for Citizenship (C4C)is a major national initiative aimed at increasing citizenship among eligible U.S. permanent residents and encouraging cities across the country to invest in citizenship programs. It is chaired by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, with support from the Center for Popular Democracy and the National Partnership for New Americans. Citi Community Development is the Founding Corporate Partner. For more information about C4C, visit www.citiesforcitizenship.org.